Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Dark Night!

Last night, as I parked in the garage right after softball practice (around 6ish) , I saw the trees went swaying around like crazy. I know a storm is brewing as the clouds look really ominous. Just as soon I entered the house, the wind started to gain speed and the rain turned into a storm in just 10 seconds. A minute after the whole block of houses at our area blacked out. Just like Friday. So we lit the candles and waited.

Hours passed by, still no electricity. It was 10pm and the storm has subsided but it was still drizzling. I was feeling really hot and agitated, so my mom suggested that I go to the hotel nearby to hang out at the lounge and go on-line just to cool off. As I ordered tea and connect to the internet, I didn't have any idea what to write on. Then I got a call and twas old that the "Arch" at the Kiulap round-about fell and trees were uprooted along Jalan Kumbang Pasang just outside Ashara (I think that's the spelling). And there were the Police Patrol and Rescue Team there and the road to town was not accessible as no one was allowed to go though by the police.

I wanted to go straight away to take pictures, then our order came and my cousin suddenly showed up. So we stayed. So I decided to tweak on my blogspot settings. Still can't as I had a "blogger block". (as my mind wandered to the scene, if I could go there right away to take photos)



Around 1am (god, I need to sleep, got work the next day!), I dragged "Dinosaur" and Nong along as we left the hotel and made our way to the Berakas round-about. I could see a couple of the giant billboards fell, torn and broken to pieces. Then we made our way to Jalan Kumbang Pasang, the trees were no longer on the road as they were cleared away to the side but we could see the debris from the Edinburgh Palace all the way to Riverview Hotel. Tried to take photo of it but there weren't enough lighting, even with my flash.



Then we entered Kiulap I saw an uprooted tree, fallen banners (behind Jame' Asr'), the scaffolding of a giant banner bent, broken and the banner itself torn (before BIBD HQ).


Billboard ruined

Banner pole broken and bent

I see lots of these


And the "Arch" in the middle of Kiulap round-about was no longer there. There were around more than a dozen men working in the centre, collecting debris and they had to use two trucks with cranes to pick them up.


Before

After

The trucks and cranes with the debris

When I look at my watch, it was 2am, I went in the car and sped home. And to my dismay, still no electricity. Went in and forced myself to sleep. (I think I slept after 3am) And I woke up around 4am as my TV turned on by itself after the electricity went back up. Almost 12 hours of no electricity and good thing I managed to wake up as usual to work. But I was dead sleepy at the office.

Didn't go training today as my arm injury came back, so I went to JAG Therapy instead to fix my arm. Then here I am blogging about last night.

Think I'll turn in early tonight as I really didn't have enough sleep. (Oh wait! There's WWE Wrestling tonight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment